Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Seat Clamp
  • unstableJ
    Free Member

…has snapped, admittedly after 2 years of pretty heavy use but even so I'm a bit dissapointed.

Is this "normal"? Would Hope replace it?

Should I buy another one or is there something better out there?

thoughts?

J

plus point, my thighs are feeling good from the 5 mile uphill ride home standing up!

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Call Hope, they are normally very good with their warranty and if you want something better, have a look at the Chromag seat collars, I have one, very very nice indeed 😀

simon1975

What size? I had a 30mm which snapped after a couple of months – Hope replaced it, but I think that they have revised the design of the newest ones (more metal!).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hope's customer service is second to noe, give them a call. They don't answer email.

I really like my Salsa one but they die eventually when the anodising wears off the mating faces.

nuke

Where did it it snap?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Had my Hope seat clamp for 2 years. Used at least once on pretty well every ride – no problems so far. I do put a little oil on the cam surface every few weeks to keep it smooth

nickc

Stop moving your post?

unstableJ
    Free Member

nickc, go away! why would I buy a quick release if I didin't need one…

Hope to their credit have said send it back and they'll have a look at it.

As for where it snapped, haven't a picture to hand but it snapped clean through from top to bottom just in the recess inside where the QR lever sits, it's thinner on that side than the "nut" side. Left a flappy alloy washer behind the QR and no longer attached to the collar.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hope'll replace it FOC I am sure 🙂

simon1975

Yep – mine snapped in the same place as the OP's. I think Hope have beefed this up now…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mine snapped too the other day, on the QR collar infront of where the QR sits, not tightening it up but whilst un-tightening it, i think this is where you guys mean yours went too 🙁 🙁 it was no tighter than normal either, hope hope cough up with a replacement 🙂

fishboy
    Free Member

I have a fairly new one bought late last year, the only trouble I find with it is that I need to leave the QR just shy of fully closed so that it has maximum grip.

As for Hope's service, very impressed. I emailed them at the weekend asking if I could buy just a top lid adaptor so that I can use my bleed kit with the Tech X2s on my new bike. They emailed me back for my address and sent me one FOC which arrived on Wednesday.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Seat Clamp’ is closed to new replies.