Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope R4+ or Ituo X3
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

Which would you go for an why?

tia 😉

nastybuller
    Free Member

Hope all the way. I don’t even know how the other light performs but I’d pick hope because their customer service and warranty is outstanding.
    I bought a hope r4 light second hand and it suddenly stopped working. I sent it to Hope to be repaired and they fixed it for free! Then a year or so later it stopped working again so I sent it back and they gave me a brand new r4 light! I didn’t even ask for it to be done free and I would happily have paid.

matt007
    Free Member

Don’t know anything about the ituyo, but I bought an r4+ just over a week ago to replace my ancient magic shine. Used it twice so far and it been ace. Only use it in the race mode, climb on lowest power, descend with it on max.

The beam is great, nice and wide and of a constant brightness across the beam if you get me, not a bright centre spot.

The battery and all the mounts, and the head unit feel really good quality. The bayonet type mound is very secure and feels solid, no slipping when riding.

I’d buy again.

tomhoward

R4+ here too. I don’t have one, but I do have the R2 and R8+ And everything about them is ace. I’ve no reason to suspect the 4 would be any different.

Upgrade to the 6cell battery if you can, will last nigh on all night then…

chilled76
    Free Member

Obligitary “buy exposure they are much better” response

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Hope ordered… excitment mounting!

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Exposure are very good, but I prefer the battery system from hope. I’ve got a few of the lights (r1, r4, r8, District) and find it handy to swap about the battery’s depending on what I’m doing. I also don’t like the exposure lights as they’re a big lump on the bars (for the bigger ones anyway) that I’m prone to knocking off when going through gates or over styles. Appreciate that’s my issue though, not the light.

Then there’s the hope loyalty, good quality, brilliant service and availability of spares in almost every shop in the land.

sr0093193
    Free Member

Ive had 2 R4s for years always been happy with them. Had one lead go on battery out of warranty – dropped off with them at an event one weekend back to me free of charge with updated strain relief cable wednesday morning.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope R4+ or Ituo X3’ is closed to new replies.