Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Pro4 Hubs….
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

Lovely video on the front page!

More importantly, does anyone know if they changed the dimensions from the disc bolting face to end cap seat?

All my wheels are now on Hope pro2 evo as I know I can swap anything without worrying about readjusting the brake callipers. Unfortunately not all hub manufacturers use the same dimensions between end cap and rotor bolting face.

I’m hoping they didn’t mess about with that dimension at least……

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t imagine they would. If they move one way, you have to move flanges in, the other and their floating rotors start to foul. My guess would be that it’s the same.

Saw the review on vitalmtb. There was a pic of the purple that looked like a blue/purple/violet colour that looked great. I think it’s just purple and a trick of the light though.

poah
    Free Member

why would you want to swap unless your current hubs are fecked? There isn’t anything worth the swap.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I read it as extra wheels, not different ones.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Extra wheels….I have multiple sets, but one set has a crash damaged hub, so the hub’s up for replacement. Quite fancied a pro 4 as the replacement opportunity has presented itself. However, I don’t want the pro 4 if the rotor position has changed, which would mean readjusting each time a grabbed a different set of wheels (or changing tyres).

sharkattack

Why would they do that? The disc mounts are flush with the inside of the rear dropout I think. It’s industry wide. Can’t see them messing with it.

I’ve actually been waiting for these as I fancy some posh DH wheels and the new specific hub with the 7 speed body looks great. I like how they’ve halved the number of bearings. My last Pro 2’s rolled so much slower than my mates bike. Probably didn’t hold me back on track but frustrating once you notice it.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Are they going to fit a proper seal on these like the old XC hubs or still rely on that plastic useless disc for all the muck and dirt to get in between freehub and hub body ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

They have two and a half bearing per hub and only one in the front? 😈

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Are they going to fit a proper seal on these like the old XC hubs or still rely on that plastic useless disc for all the muck and dirt to get in between freehub and hub body ?

No idea, the green thing looks like plastic to me, but I may be wrong:

http://www.hopetech.com/product/pro-4-fatsno-rear-hub/#tech

poah
    Free Member

I’d wait and see if pro2 come down in price

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I would imagine pro2 will be phased out. Hope sell everything they make and have practically zero stock sitting on shelves so no need to discount obsolete stock. That’s the beauty of made in the UK in house, no forecasted orders or currency fluctuations to worry about, if a product stops selling, they just stop making it. simple.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro4 Hubs….’ is closed to new replies.