Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro2 tools, anyone had this issue
  • nixie

Changing the my bolt in axle between 2 hubs last night and had a strange issue with the bearing tools (HTT174). For some reason the axle no longer fitted into the hole in the centre of the drift (step 10 of http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-replacing-the-main-bearings-in-a-hope-pro-ii-21339/), I know it used to fit as I’ve used this tool kit several times in the past. The smaller drift which is the same dimensions did fit!

Anyone had this issue before? I’m putting it down to the garage being hot and a difference in the expansion of the axle and drift (though why only half the drift was effected!).

coatesy
    Free Member

Have you “mushroomed” the end by hitting it with a hammer by any chance? i’ve seen this happen on our workshop presses, even more galling when we have a hydraulic press that will avoid this happening.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The pro II tool is different from the pro II evo.

Could that be the issue?

nixie

Tools only ever been used with a rubber mallet, I try to only hit one end as well. Have seen the mushrooming before (ended up with a drift stuck in a xc hub once as someone had buggered the tool) so have been very careful not to do this.

I only have Pro 2 rears (no evos). Tool definitely Pro 2 version and I’m sure I’ve used it before as intended.

br
    Free Member

The pro II tool is different from the pro II evo.

I thought that was only for the front?

nixie

Fronts are identical aren’t they, thought the new evo tools were different at the rear due to larger axle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro2 tools, anyone had this issue’ is closed to new replies.