Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope pro III with Open Pro
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Any better road wheels out there for similar (£250ish)? Need to be able to take a 9 speed shimano cassette.

Ta

JoeNation
    Free Member

I know a guy who had two sets built up (one with ceramic rims for winter). He had some Bonty Race X Lites and Race Lites before, says the handbuilts are better in every way. Personally I think handbuilt wheels are infinitely better than factory built, unless you want super light weight or the bling factor. And Hope hubs are awesome. DT Swiss RR 1.1 is a nice light rim for not much money, maybe not quite as tough as an Open Pro though.

Ed2001
    Free Member

If you are looking for some good handbuilt wheels give Derek McLay a call at wheelsmith.co.uk he will sort you out.Excellent handbuilt wheels.

firestarter
    Free Member

second giving derek a bell for good wheels. Make sure you have some time tho he'll talk your lug off lol. Ive just got rid of my mavic ksyrium es wheelset and built some dura-ace on open pro. Way better in every way apart from bling factor lol. Also run open pro on my cx strong as a strong thing 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thanks!

daveh
    Free Member

Just decided to go with Ambrosio Excellight over the Open Pro. No reason particularly, just fancied giving them a whirl.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro III with Open Pro’ is closed to new replies.