• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Del.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope pro II with 719 rims or Easton XCT 70s Wheels
  • TimP
    Free Member

If you had the choice which would you go for? I have the Eastons and have found them very round, quite light and pretty quiet. I expect the Hopes to be very round, a touch heavier,and much louder, but is there anything else to separate them? They are both 19mm internal, and I know the XCT’s are tubless ready (I am a Luddite and I am not yet tubless ready, but it is getting colder and the though of changing a tube in wet mud is getting less appealing day by day so I am tempted)

Thanks

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I don’t know anything about the XCT70s. The 719s are a good tough rim but as you say, will be heavier. If it were me I’d go for Stan’s Crest on Hopes. As indeed I did. 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

If I could I probably would but those are the choices! Easton or Hope for hubs and 719 v Easton rims

iainc

Hope/719’s here and have taken a hammering over last 15 months. I smashed the rear rim on a water bar and needed replaced, but that was my ineptitude 😀 great setup IMO

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had pro ii on 719s and they were great, tough and dependable. These were hand built and on a bike that got ridden hard.

sparkyrhino

2 x pairs of hope/719’s here both get a battering now and again,not a jot of trouble.

Del

i have no experience of the easton hubs. if i was comparing i’d be looking in to cost comparison and also spares availability.
    i do have 719s and pro11 ( separate wheels mind ). you can get the hope spares from pretty much anywhere, which works for me, and i’m reasonably happy that if one of the hubs decides to collapse in on itself and become a black hole, hope will throw me a bone. the rims, well, they’re black and they’re round (ish) after some use. about all you can say really. difficult to get excited about TBH.
    i have sun ringle rims on the hope hubs. they’re black and round too, but do give me a bit more of a tingle, as they’re wider. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro II with 719 rims or Easton XCT 70s Wheels’ is closed to new replies.