Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Pro II wheel set or other??
  • matt23
    Free Member

Going to sell My Haven mag wheel set and get some new wheels. Looking at a Hope Pro II on Crests for general riding trail riding and XC aboard the Blur.

Question is I’m tempted by some Chris Kings…. Is it worth the extra cost or are the other alternatives you guys could recommend?

Appreciate the help guys!

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’ve just gone for hope pro ii evos on stans arch ex… a nice middle point between crests and flows… i’m quite heavy and although i had crests on my last bike, i was always worried how they would stand up to rocky downhills. the arch ex solves all that without taking on the additional weight of the flows.

the only problem is that you can’t get them as a standard hope hoop build. merlin cycles will build them for you at a very good price which is where mine came from.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’ve just gone for hope pro ii evos on stans arch ex… a nice middle point between crests and flows… i’m quite heavy and although i had crests on my last bike, i was always worried how they would stand up to rocky downhills. the arch ex solves all that without taking on the additional weight of the flows.

the only problem is that you can’t get them as a standard hope hoop build. merlin cycles will build them for you at a very good price which is where mine came from.

matt23
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s where I saw them but found my finger clicking on the Chris Kings…..don’t know if it’s worth the extra cost!!

ska-49
    Free Member

Hopes are so easy to work on and have great customer service. Kings require a special tool to service them and aren’t as friendly to work with.

(Ive just got ProIIs on Arch EXs’ too).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II wheel set or other??’ is closed to new replies.