Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro II vs Pro II Evo
  • theotherjonv

How can I tell if my hubs are one vs the other? I got them second hand as part of a wheelset and they don’t have any identification on the hubs themselves, only the Hope Oval logo on one side and then Hope Hoops on the other (I assume they were built by Hope)

Any easy way to tell?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m sure that the oval logo is a few years old now, so I’d guess that they were Pro II hubs.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Evo hubs have Evo printed on them.

sandwicheater

Evo etched on the hub. Found myself looking the other day as I wasn’t sure what I had.

Northwind

There’s not actually that much difference tbh. Fronts are I think identical except for stainless bearings as standard. Rears are the same hub shell but with totally revised internals and freehub- though the real world benefits are just easier changes of axle standards (endcaps only) and also you can use a 12mm axle without having to warranty the hub about 3 times a year.

So unless these things make a difference to you, don’t worry about it.

100mphplus
    Free Member

The evo standardised the rear axle for all bolt through options expect the bolt up, whereas on the old version they all needed a different axle.

The evo also has a new ‘stiffer’ axle to cope with some failures on the old 12mm bolt through design.

As mentioned above the shell is exactly the same as you can convert an old Pro 2 to Evo spec

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II vs Pro II Evo’ is closed to new replies.