Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope pro 4 hoops. X12
  • lawdav1983
    Free Member

Hi I’ve just built up my new bike and it’s x12 142 rear axle. Got some hope pro 4 hubs. That come with 12mm conversation but the disk is only a mmm from fraim. Is there a difference between 12mm and x12 conversation. Thanks

scotroutes

What size of rotor? Could be you’ll need to go smaller.

nixie

The 12mm kit is fine for x12. What is the max disc size for the frame and what size disc?

simonbowns
    Free Member

Hope do list a conversion kit as “12mm” which is the 135 x 12mm. If you recently bought Hope Pro 4 Hoops, they’d come with 135mm QR and 142 x 12 adaptors.

Got a photo of the disc/frame?

clubby

Dont think the spacers aren’t symmetrical. My pro 2 were different colours and need to go on a specific way, maybe try swapping them.

lawdav1983
    Free Member

It says 180. I’ve fitted a hope floating I’m just trying to get a pic listed

lawdav1983
    Free Member

Yea silver on drive and black on non drive.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Thats pretty normal. The rivets on Hope disks always run quite close to the post mounts on forks.

benpinnick

Looks fairly normal. Hope floaters are quite a bit wider than normal discs, and hope hubs are a sneak wider than many others too – and given 99% of hope floating discs are probably running on hope hubs…. We actually had to change our post mount design to accommodate them with enough room (more than you have), even though our original post mounts were within the design spec for Shimano & SRAM brakes.

lawdav1983
    Free Member

Not sure if a 1 or 2 mm shim between hub and frame woulfbe a good idea. Just bony like the idea of it rubbing on the carbon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 4 hoops. X12’ is closed to new replies.