Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope pro 2 rear not clicking as loud
  • simmy
    Free Member

Love it or hate it, I use it as a bell 😀

Just got back from a muddy ride and in the last few miles, the click is not as loud. Definatly can’t hear it as loud when going downhill.

Could it be a bit of dirt in it or is it more likely service time ? The hub has never been serviced and is about 3 1/2 year old, probably about 1500 miles on it.

br
    Free Member

Pull off the freehub and check the springs/pawls plus do a ‘finger’ check on the bearings – google if unsure how.

jekkyl
    Davesport

New hearing aid battery !

coatesy
    Free Member

If you’ve used it offroad for 3 1/2yrs without a stripdown, i’d be surprised if you could even see the springs and pawls under all the accumulated dirt. Pro2 freehub sealing is pretty poor, and they really should be cleaned and regreased regularly.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Cable ties instead of the rubbish pawl springs. You’ll be clicking loud forever more!

smatkins1
    Free Member

Mine often goes quiet after a particularly wet ride. The seal on the freehub body isn’t very good. Usually just needs pulling off clearning and re-greasing. Alternatively you could have broken some pawl springs with 3 1/2 years of gunk in there.

Simon

As above, mine gets quieter on a very wet ride, always clicking by the next ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 rear not clicking as loud’ is closed to new replies.