Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Rear Hub Failure – Warranty details please.
  • andylux
    Free Member

Dear All,

I some how managed to crack my rear Pro2 hub whilst climbing during the Kona Mash Up yesterday.

Apparently there were a batch which were prone to this a cople of years ago.

I bought the wheel from Merlin 2 Years ago,.

Does anyone know how long the Hope warranty is on this hub please.

Its has cracked from where the spokes go through the hub across the body of the hub to the opposite side.

Cheers

markenduro
    Free Member

I did one earlier this year, exactly the same by the sound of it and they swapped it out under warranty. Get in touch with hope, they are very good for customer service.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, ring them, don't bother with email. Hope customer service and warranty is very good

NewRetroTom

From experience they are very rapid at answering email too.

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Hi Andy, stopped and spoke to you yesterday – I was the one who told you there was a "wheel sale" on in the bike shop, did they manage to sort you something in the end, did you get back round? -Really bad luck that mate.

nickegg
    Free Member

Get in contact with Hope…they replaced my broken XC hub despite the fact they no longer make them.

andylux
    Free Member

Hello SpeedyG

I ran/walked the rest of the climb to see if there was a shop or a spare wheel I could borrow at the top, there wasn't!! I then walked back down to the ponds.

Went to Skyline Cycles, Kevin Morgan and the younger bloke with the beard then saved my event!!!!!!! They sorted me out with a wheel I borrowed.
    They are top blokes who have helped me out no end of times in the past.

I then rode the technical course once finishing at 1530 but apparently my times weren't posted with the results that came out at the after party.I beeped at the right times etc.

Was good chatting momentarily with you on the trail and I thought it was a good atmosphere all day.

Cheers Mate.

polarisandy
    Free Member

Hope just replaced some xc hubs that cracked where the rotor bolts insert.

Very good service, however they did send me the wrong length bolts that caused the cracks in the first place.
    Good to deal with though.

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Hi Andy – Great to hear you made it, hope you got your times in the end. I personally really enjoyed, probably the one time I didn't have a mechanical / puncture!
    Cheers Gareth

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Rear Hub Failure – Warranty details please.’ is closed to new replies.