Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Hubs – converting
  • DickBarton

Ok, I’ve managed to make a bit of a mistake – I thought I was getting a mate a set of Hope hubs that will run QR, but it turns out it is a 12mm Thru-axle rear and 15mm thru-axle front wheel – what do I need to get to convert them to be 9mm QR solutions please?

Front I think I’m sorted, but the rear I’m unsure of – is it just the end caps or do I need a new axle as well?

Cheers.

nuke

Front – Just end caps whether Evo or standard (older) hub

Rear – Is it Evo version? End caps for Evo, axle change for standard

nixie

Do you want a qr through axle for the front? Stiffer than a normal Qr but fits normal dropouts. Got one for sale with appropriate end caps if you do.

nixie

Rear qr is 10mm btw

akira

Might want to swap a qr front for a 15mm front in the next few weeks.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I have loads of end caps…
    PayPal me a fiver and I’ll send you a set..

DickBarton

Hi Goldigger, very kind, thanks…I’m needing to work out which version of the hub it is, but I’ll be back in touch when I find out, thanks.

Speshpaul

If you want to swop the rear drop me a line I’ve got Pro2 and evo pro 2 qr caps for the rear and could use a 12 x 142 set up

nixie

Fronts are all the same. Front end caps are interchangeable between pro 2/evo/pro 4

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m needing to work out which version of the hub it is

Pull one of the end caps off and measure the axle diameter. Pro 2’s are 15mm, evo’s are 17mm.

djflexure

Don’t all evo’s have EVO written on them too in large letters – mine do?

steveh

every evo I’ve had has it written on the shell, older pro2’s are just marked as pro 2 with some small writing next to them.

I’m fairly sure I have all the bits you need, yours for a donation to the ride Sheffield radmires fund. Email me to arrange.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have a QR rear axle for a Hope Pro 2 (not Evo) if you need it.

DickBarton

Definitely not Evo hubs, so what is needed for the rear? I think there are 3 offers on the thread, can someone confirm they have the bits and I’ll happily arrange payment for the bits, thanks.

I’m also happy to buy new, but I’ve no idea what I need…and if the parts are not being used then happier to reuse them.

thepodge
    Free Member

That’s a front set, 15 to 9mm

They surely wont work on the rear which is 12 to 10mm

Goldigger
    Free Member

Sorry pasted wrong link.. top one in this pic from the wiggle link in my amended post above

nuke

^^^ nope, he’s said he doesn’t have Evo

hopkinsgm
    Goldigger
    Free Member

Either way I have the QR end caps off pro 2’s at home… Thought they were all the same.. Apologies

carlosg
    Free Member

I have the full axle+ end caps that came with a set of pro2 hubs I bought years ago , I built them into a set of DH wheels so use bolt up for the rear. If you want it you can have it for postage costs(email in profile) no spare qr though I’m afraid.

carlosg
    Free Member

this is what you need

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Hubs – converting’ is closed to new replies.