Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hope pro 2 hub help
  • danbillam
    Free Member

I had a noise from the rear wheel and the freehub was moving on the axle so I’ve took the cassette off and when I removed the freehub the bearing were in pieces. And all just fell out. Does anyone have the bearing numbers so I can call and get some from a supplier tomorrow?
    And on diagrams there’s a 25mm spacer. In mine there was 2 separate spacers adding up to 25mm. 1 was parallel but the other was cone shaped 1 end. Is this right or has it worn down when it collapsed?
    Thanks

tony07
    Free Member

Pretty sure there should only be one spacer in the freehub.

chipster

Have you checked the Hopetech manuals and diagrams, on this linky http://www.hopetech.com/product/pro-2-evo-rear-hub/

toppers3933
    Free Member

61902 2rs. One of.
    61802 2rs. Two of.

toppers3933
    Free Member
    chipster
    danbillam
    Free Member

There is a spacer between all 3 bearings on hopes diagram and the 6902 is 15 x 28 and the actual bearing says 17 x 28 on it.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s not a pro 2 Evo because the Evo uses 17x28x7mm bearing.

danbillam
    Free Member

Sorry yes it is the evo mate. Thought they would have been the same. I’m going to contact hope and see if they can warranty it as the wheels are only 3 months old.

danbillam
    Free Member

All sorted, hope are sending me a new axle and freehub.

dannyh
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation the first time I tried to replace the (much neglected) bearings in my rear hub and freehub, the ones in the freehub body disintegrated and left the outer bearing shell inside. I had to tap it out quite painstakingly with a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hope pro 2 hub help’ is closed to new replies.