Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Hub Help
  • MTBKarl
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a wheelset with early Hope Pro 2 hubs. I have done a bearing service on them and tried to replace the drive side seal as the old one has a crack in it. Unfortunately the new seal I have purchased won’t fit. I have been on to hope and they have confirmed that the early version of the Pro 2 used a slightly smaller drive side seal.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the older smaller seal? Hope may be able to help me but not for 3 weeks. They think there may be one on their race van but that is currently away in France so they cant check. I just want to get the wheel sorted asap so I can get out riding so would appreciate any help.

Cheers

Karl

wwaswas

I’d look to glue the old one back together and put it back?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Run it without the seal and strip and clean it regularly?

Try simply bearings or a similar company for a new seal?

MTBKarl
    Free Member

I think I may have to try a fix the existing one. There is a small piece of it missing which is my main concern, it seals into the hub ok but there is a gap to let water and muck in.

I could run it without but the pawls of the freehub will be exposed to the elements. Do you think if it got dirty enough the freehub could lock up?

wwaswas

you could always cut a section out of the new one so it fits the circumference of the cut out in the hub shell? Would go all the way round then with just where the two ends butted up as a possibel source of water ingress and a bit of grease woudl seal that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Hub Help’ is closed to new replies.