Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 hub Clunk?? Help?
  • Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Got a set of 2nd hand (although appear very good condition) Hope Pro2’s.

Now, Freewheeling – usual crisp Pro2 noise is evident as normal. After freewheeling and pedalling again (say between 5 crank revolutions) I hear/feel a clunk/crack noise from the bottom end (worse when more pressure is applied).

Any ideas? Pawl mechanism screwed? Should I strip out the hub to investigate? or look for a freewheel problem?

What you rec?

Thanks in advance..

GaVgAs
    Free Member

it could be a few things,bearing collapsed,pawls broken,or a snapped axle,more likely to be the pawls springs,get it inspected asap otherwise it might cause further damage.. 🙁

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Should I strip out the hub to investigate?

You’ll have to do it anyone to see who guesses correctly; so might as well just get done.

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Right, Thanks for the nudge chaps. Stripped out the rear hub, couldnt find anything wrong? or out of place? nothing looked worn really..

I did notice that the cassette retaining nut, wasnt as “tight” as it could be. Could this be a cause? Possibly slipping?

Havent managed to ride yet since rebuilding and retorqueing the Cassette nut.

alexxx
    Free Member

This happened on my bulb hub. Stripped em down, everything looked fine, regreased the freehub/pawls and put it back together and it was fine. Good luck

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It sounds exactly like what I had.

The pawl springs look fine but have micro cracks in them between the O bit and the straight bit (so I guess they dont press the pawls as stongly as they should). 4 New springs and it was fixed. £7 iirc – which is a rip off!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 hub Clunk?? Help?’ is closed to new replies.