Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub issue
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi, I have a pair of wheels with the Hope Pro Evo 2 hubs on.

The rear one has been slightly odd in that the drive mechanism literally just slides off the axle, with no resistance. The cassette looks pretty well stuck on.

It does not seem right to me…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/DWdsthsTOw8[/video]
    Take a look here and see if everything is right

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Nope it just slides off once the end cap is removed. It allowed me to swap freehubs (so bikes) between one with stem x11 and one with xt gears.

cycle86
    Free Member

My guess would be your freehub seal hasn’t been properly located. Might be worth picking up the tool. Takes a fair bit of force and makes a noticeable click when it seats fully.

Davesport

Aye, the FH is only located by the seal. Quite a hard rubber circular disc. It can take a bit of getting in the correct position if you don’t have the tool. The FH should not simply slide off without the seal disengaging from its groove in the hub body. The seal’s either knackered or not been installed correctly.

cultsdave
    Free Member

You don’t need a the tool as a 1.5in bearing race fits and allows you to click it into place.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Your cassette has eaten into the freehub, happens to all the aluminium ones, you need to free it off using a chain whip on the smaller individual cogs. And as said above, it’s only that hard rubber seal that holds the freehub on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub issue’ is closed to new replies.