Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo or Novatec hubs
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Hi folks,

Looking at building up some Flow EX rims

Was going to go with HOPE Pro 2 Evo’s but what do people think about novatech?

Oli

Garry_Lager

I just got some flows on ibis hubs, which I think are just branded novatecs. They look fine – changed an axle and the bearings look v easy to service. I did have to order the axle from the US, so not sure how easy parts are to source in general. All a lot cheaper than Hope, of course, as people don’t recognise / value the brand the same way.

Can’t comment on the freehub longevity as it’s early days.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Have you looked at Superstar Hubs? I’m considering some for a LB carbon rim build… Cheaper than Hope, and UK based for parts…

Not sure of reliability?

jim
    Free Member

Superstar Switch hubs are just re-badged Novatecs.

Northwind

In the finest STW tradition, let me recommend something else. 26 inch wheels are selling for peanuts now so I bought a DT swiss wheelset with DT240S hubs in, broke up the wheels, sold the other bits, serviced and reused the hubs. Much better.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Had pro 2`s previously now running the Ibis branded novatec hubs. HAve given them a fair hammering over summer and no problems
    As someone has mentioned they are the same as superstar, novatec is a big Taiwanese hub manufacturer so the often get re branded. I ordered new front hub adaptors from Super star and everything fitted no problems.
    If the price was the same I would probably opt for the Hopes, but if you got a good deal on Novatecs they seem fine.

andyv
    Free Member

I’ve been using NovaTecs on a chinese carbon wheelset (from CN Carbon on ebay) for few months now. on my go-any-weather singlespeed lurcher. The are holding out very well and still have their ‘hope-like’ clickyness.

I like them.

Andy

olibluegoat
    Free Member

What are the CN rims like?

stoney
    Free Member

Those wheels i sent you the pics of were off an Ibis!!!! 8)

mountainmankyle
    Free Member

Hey are you still selling those was tons, if so I would be interested and will buy them. Thanks again,
    MountainManKyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo or Novatec hubs’ is closed to new replies.