Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo Hub – Replacement Bearings
  • robbo1234biking

Anyone reccomend anywhere to get some decent bearings? I have looked and they seem a bit pricey from bike shops when they are just standard bearing. From what I have read I require the following:

Front:
    2 x S6804 2RS

Rear:
    2 x S6803
    2 x S61903
    1 x S17287

Is it likely that the ones insude the freehub need replacing as that is running fine it just seems to be the outer ones that seem a bit rough now (S61903’s)

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’ll often find only 1-2 need replacing…once you’ve taken it apart.

“Kaesae Kaesae Kaesae!”

philfive
    Free Member

Ate the outer ones not just 9102rs? Wiggle used to sell hope bearings for £8

robbo1234biking

Wiggle dont seem to have the pro 2evo ones for the rear. Merlin have a set but it is £38 which is a bit pricey for the bearings.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The s means stainless, that’s why they’re a bit more expensive. Generally hope bearings are pretty fairly priced I found.

kaesae
    Free Member

One of the bearings in the Pro 2 evo rear is a custom size the 17287, which explains why it’s more expensive, if you’re the only company that has access to that bearings you can charge what ever you like 💡

robarnold
    Free Member

Simplybearings.co.uk

Grupper205
    Free Member

I’ve just bought 2 sets of bearings for my pro 2 rear hub, and 1 set for my front pro 2 for £19 inc P&P from an ebay shop called greenandypants.

rondo101
    Free Member

The Pro2 Evo bearings are stainless steel, hence they’re more expensive than Pro 2 bearings.

Take the hub apart to work out which ones need replacing & buy them from a Hope supplier. If you compare the Hope stainless ones against other brand stainless, they come up pretty reasonable.

beaker2135

IMHO if you’re going to strip the hub down it’s best to change all the bearings.
    Stainless or steel? Stainless won’t rust but they are softer so don’t last as long. I’d go with plain they’re sealed and greased I think they are the best compromise
    http://www.simplybearings.co.uk

rob-jackson
    Free Member

beaker – if you strip a hope hub the inner ones are generally fine so why waste money changing these?

kaesae
    Free Member

Generally speaking, if you strip a hope hub or any other hub it’s best to check the bearings and see what ones need changed.

Like most things in life, evaluate then determine your best course of action.

kaesae
    Free Member

Grupper205 those won’t last too long mate, truth be told you won’t save any money as you will be changing them all the time.

The servicing time and additional sets of bearings will offset any saving you made.

That said think of it as a learning experience, most of us have been there at one point in time or another, I for one ain’t coming back!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

marginally patronising

bigjim

oh yeah he went there girlfriend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo Hub – Replacement Bearings’ is closed to new replies.