Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope pro 2 evo bearing tools
  • rhid

Does anyone sell a complete kit for removing and reinstalling bearings on a hope pro 2 evo rear hub?

I am struggling to find anything as internet on my phone is poop.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

scotroutes

Try 18bikes

thepodge
    Free Member

Not much help but I did mine very successfully with a hammer and a round bit of tube, its very easy.

Northwind

I know some folks prefer the proper tools which is fair enough, but do you know you can do it all with a socket set? Not as foolproof but works just as well as long as you’re halfway competent.

rhid

Competent you say…

I’m fine getting bearings innit what’s the best way to get them out?

jekkyl

best way I’ve found is to ask your LBS to do it all.

Northwind

rhid – Member

I’m fine getting bearings innit what’s the best way to get them out?

Your assortment of hammers and pokey things. I recommend That Centrepunch I Bent Somehow for getting the first bearing out in each set, then the Front Axle From A Suzuki SV650 for the other one

rhid

I have all that lying around so it should be no probs.

The bearings where Changed but the lbs on Friday. Too my bike to another stiniog rode 2 runs before the wheel developed play again.

Figure it’s cheaper if I do it myself from now on!

Northwind

The bearings should always last better than that, something wrong here… Either a fitting error or they’ve used some cheap crap bearings. Either way I’d be picking it up with the shop too.

But it’s definitely handy to be set up to do it yourself, I found a grumbly bearing in my main bike’s front wheel last night, 5 minutes later it’s sorted, it’s not so much money as just not having the hassle of going to a shop and having downtime with the bike.

PJay
    Free Member

I bought from these guys on ebay – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hope-Pro-2-EVO-Hub-Tool-Kit-/161987006180?hash=item25b72d8ee4 which I thought was good value and it all turned up promptly.

Oddly this kit doesn’t include the hub support tool (which is a bit cheaper via CRC).

nixie

The hub support has always been a separate item.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 evo bearing tools’ is closed to new replies.