Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 evo adapter help
  • peter1979
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Hope hoops 2nd hand, they are Pro2 evo hubs on ZTR Flows. The guy who I bought them off had it set up 20mm front and 142 x 12 rear. He has given me a bag of bits with it as I have a bike which runs standard QR front and rear.
    The front was an easy swap of the 20mm to qr adapters where as I cant see how the rear is supposed to work. I can get the drive side adapter off but the non drive side black adapter wont budge.

Is there a different kit I need as I notice you can buy replacement axles and they sell ones for 142 and 135.

So my question is what do I need to change from a 142 to 135 QR set up?

Regards

Pete

jonk

They just pull out. Try a vice or mole grips.

letmetalktomark

The NDS may require a tweak in a vice or suchlike.

I swapped out mine from 142×12 to 135×9 with no issue.

It is definitely an Evo isn’t it?

peter1979
    Free Member

Yeah def an Evo. I just youtube’d ‘hope pro2 evo 142 to 135’ and a vid comes up where a guy removed the drive side apapter and then **** out the axle presumably with the non drive side adapter still on.

So, do I need to get a new axle for 142 to 135, **** out the old axle, swap the bearings, put the QR adapters on and off i go?

robarnold
    Free Member

These are Pro 2 Evo 135 x QR end caps. Black one on the disc side, silver on the drive side. They just press on to the axle, the same way as the 142 x12 do. I swap mine occasionally to get my otherwise 142×12 axle wheel in the QR only truing stand. You don’t need to even think about pissing about with the axle, leave it where it is. Sometimes need a bit of persuasion with mole grips or in a vice though.

Hope that helps

peter1979
    Free Member

Cool, those are the things I have. I am going to have some stern words with the non drive side adapter now and see what happens.

robarnold
    Free Member

Give it hell!

A pair of long nosed pliers down inside the axle hole and a bit of waggling usually does it. Spot of spray lube won’t do any harm

fivespot
    Free Member

Wrap it in a bit of old tube to get grip and not to cause damage so that it looks good to sell on 😉

fudge9202
    Free Member

what do you intend running the rear as?

deano8
    Free Member

Just a thought!!
    I bought what i thought to be a 2nd hand evo rear hub and bought some adaptors for it. It turned out to be just a pro 2 but had a new body from Hope under warrantee and I needed to buy a new axle in the end..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 evo adapter help’ is closed to new replies.