Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope pro 2 bearings question
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

I have stripped down the freehub body as the pro 2 went all quiet on me, whilst i was at it i spun the main drive shaft on the hub itself and noticed that it doesnt spin freely as i thought it should for speed. They are smooth so is this normal.

Also, has anyone bent the pawl springs back to how they were when their hub silenced?

danjthomas
    Free Member

some advice would be great

kaesae
    Free Member

hahaha! this is STW unless you want to argue or someone is getting to have a go at you, you will not get any joy here!

That said I’m weird so I will try to help!

Rorschach
    Free Member

After cutting chillies……don’t rub your eyes.

kaesae
    Free Member

How much resistance to rotating the through axle is there and how old are the bearings/how much use? why not just replace the pawl springs? they tend to snap quite often so new ones are a good idea!

matt_outandabout

I found I had use too thick / too much grease – a clean up and lighter grease worked a treat 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

original post

Posted 1 hour ago

some advice would be great

Posted 28 minutes ago

Some patience would stand you in good stead too 🙄

Don’t BBQ in the nude?

even if they are clean and smooth they will still feel tight if you are holding the wheel and rotating just the spindle, its less noticeable when youre spinning the whole wheel.

danjthomas
    Free Member

kaeesae, the noise is now back so thats that sorted. i cleaned out the grease and used some heavy chain lube. It appears to be the drive side seal that has failed and let in the weather. it was pretty baggy on there.

The rotation resistance was just more than hat i expected to be honest, since it is very smooth i guess thats how it is supposed to be. The wheel spins freely when the bike is upside down just not as long as me older deore hubs. I guess that is inherent to sealed bearings.

Rorschach.. Dont rub sweat of your face when running after preparing ingredients ready for a curry, ginger stings more!! trust me.

danjthomas
    Free Member

If i didnt add the “advice would be great” quote this question would have slipped off the radar. Cheers for the help.

kaesae
    Free Member

Cool! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 bearings question’ is closed to new replies.