Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope PF46 BB on BBRight shell
  • munkster
    Free Member

The threaded (together) Hope BB comes in various widths, anyone had any experience of using one on a BBRight road BB shell? The BB shell is 79mm according to the website but Hope’s nearest to that is 83mm. Would that mean it can just be screwed in further?

Thanks for any info.

(I have emailed Hope, but I am impatient and someone may have actually done this 😉 )

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

When I asked Hope they said it would not fit/work.

But I think Wheels Mfg make one that screws together.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Enduro Bearings also make one. I have the WheelsMFG one, but not yet fitted it.

munkster
    Free Member

Thanks – the WheelMfg ones come in so many shapes and sizes, I don’t suppose you have the precise name/model of it or a link perchance? Would be using a BB30 SRAM Force 22 chainset with (I think, measured roughly) 105mm length spindle.

Edit: guess it’s this one

fanatic278
    Free Member

I think that’s the one you need. 30 mm cranks I assume?

munkster
    Free Member

Aye, 30mm cranks.

rutland
    Free Member

I recently fitted the Wheels MFG threaded PF30 BB in my BBright shell for a 30mm Rotor 3D+ crankset. It replaced a Rotor BB and was a lot easier to install. Part # is PF30-THD-AC.
    I purchased mine from Freeborn:
    http://www.freeborn.co.uk/wheels-manufacturing-bb86-92-bottom-bracket-with-angular-contact-bearings-shimano-compatible-black-19429

munkster
    Free Member

Great thanks – out of interest those 3D+ cranks can they be bought with rings? Can only see them as cranks… What rings do you use?

rutland
    Free Member

I use Praxis Works chainrings – bought them separately. I’ve had them for more than 3-years now and they’ve been faultless.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope PF46 BB on BBRight shell’ is closed to new replies.