Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Mono Mini brake pad advice please…
  • WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Er…how do I know when to change the pads?

Measured them today and the front one at least, has 2 and-a-bit MM remaining.

Also, which pads are you folk using on your Mono Minis? I've got the black & gold 2006 models, if it's any help.

Thanks for any help 😀

CheesybeanZ

http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0& using the sintered on my 5 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Just under 1mm is about right,any more and you'll snarl up the spring in the rotor and it'll make horrible noises to let you know you've gone too far.

Oggles
    Free Member

I use the "wait until the spring starts pinging and your brakes lose all their power" method.

And I wouldn't be without Superstar pads. The cheap ones, organic?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Original sintered are best IMO – and you get new pins, springs and clips with them. Cheap pads – risk your life for a few quid? Some aftermarket are fine, some are not. Why take the risk.

MisterT

always used to use the original Hope branded ones, just gone over to the Goodridge ones. am impressed so far.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sintered (gold) will last longest, but due to the high metal content will be more prone to sqealing. They also overheat much earlier on long descents. Green will give best performance, but with a shorter life. A millimetre of remaining pad is the minimum I go by before changing, but so long as you aren't running metal to metal you'll be fine. As pads get used up quickly on proper mountains, on long descents, swap very worn pads out early to avoid a disaster.

trailmonkey

Wait until the spring starts chinging then replace with sintered, Hope branded originals.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Organic or sintered?. Hope says organic for summer and sintered for winter. What's the consensus?

Also, any other makes of pad other than Hope that would be worth tracking down?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mono Mini brake pad advice please…’ is closed to new replies.