Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope mini lever not returning quickly
  • superfli
    Free Member

I knew my levers needed new pivot bushings (as the levers are loose), but now my front has decided not to return with any power (making it even looser). So, I’ve ordered a service kit and a couple of pivot bushings.
    Looking at the service diagram, there’s a spring behind the piston seals. Is this likely to be damaged? As the service kit doesnt come with a replacement. I’ve not taken the lever off yet, as the kit hasnt arrived, but would like to know what to expect in advance

Thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

Never seen one broken before, so yours will probably fine. Usuall find that sticking levers are either caused by binding pivot bolts,the brass barrel seizing into the blade, or swollen seals due to contamination by careless lubing of the pivots/wrong fluid.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Check this guide to familiarise yourself with the lever’s insides.

I’ve seen neglected brakes where the spring has almost completely disintegrated; however (without being able to feel the lever) it’s not possible to tell what state it’s in without removing the adjuster pin and securing clip/washer. If the failure of the lever came about quite quickly, then it’s more likely to be a seal issue causing the problem.

superfli
    Free Member

Cheers, I have that guide book marked ready for when the parts arrive. The lever isnt sticky, quite the opposite, very loose – I can move it back with no friction, but I suppose it could be the piston sticking..Oh well, I’ll see 😉 ta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope mini lever not returning quickly’ is closed to new replies.