Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope match makers and SLX shifters
  • popps
    Free Member

Can anyone provide me with a link to which Match makers will fit Tech x2 brakes and SLX Shifters please

popps
    Free Member

hhhmmm… looks like they arent compatable with 2013 slx shifters then is that right?

popps
    Free Member

however upon further investigation it says they are compatable with 2013 xt shifters either….
    and the document was produced in 2012? so that kinda makes sense

nigelb001
    Free Member

Looks like an upgrade to XT is in order 😉

popps
    Free Member

Hope not… only just bought them!
    im not sure. it says something about removing the optical dispaly which i always do anyway wonder if they’ll fit whithout this on…

nigelb001
    Free Member

You have to remove the display when using XT. If you strip off the SLX mount and display the fixing should be 2 bolt. These pictures might help you to see if SLX will fit.

If you order them up from CRC you can try them for fit and send them back if they don’t.

popps
    Free Member

Stripped the windows of and I’m left with this….
    Any ideas..?
    [/img]

kimbers

Thats how my 2012 slx shifter looked and I have them on my evo race levers just fine

for tech levers you want HBSP248

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/SHIMANOshiftermounts-Issue2a.pdf

coatesy
    Free Member

You should find a blanking plate clipped under your windows, use them to cover the holes that are left in the shifter, and fix them with one of the original screws. If you undo both of the 4mm headed bolts, the clamps will pull off, replace them with the Hope mount which will then replace your lever clamp (if you’ve bought the correct ones).
    Edit- the blanking plates are “handed”, make sure they go on the correct side or they won’t fit correctly. To prevent losing the other screw, you may want to screw it into the redundant hole on the shifter, if so, be aware that fully tightening it sometimes causes it to catch on the internals and jam them up, backing it off a turn will sort it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope match makers and SLX shifters’ is closed to new replies.