• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by P20.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hope m4 stuck piston help
  • firestarter
    Free Member

my lbs has got my hope m4 brake in for a service and they told me one piston is stuck altho it moves it wont come out. he tried using compressed air to blow it out but no joy. he is going to try compressed air with the other pistons in and held down this eve

if this doesnt free it any other tips he might try.

thanks

stevede
    Free Member

If it's in your lbs why don't they phone the very helpful guys at hope?

firestarter
    Free Member

he said hes gonna try again tonight then call but thoght someone here might know something useful

jimsmith
    Free Member

Ive used isopropyl alcohol to free stuck and sticky pistons before with a cotton bud or syringe.
    hopes can be a bitch tho

stevede
    Free Member

My mono m4's are going to the shop for new piston seals and a good strip down and service as they've started sticking on which gets quite annoying when your tired! Hopefully i don't have the same problems. Hope they manage to sort yours for you.

lipseal
    Free Member

An air compressor is what you need to get it to move!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Put the other pistons back in, use a block of wood to jam two of them. Then use a tyre lever to hold one while you press the troublesome one out with compressed air or, if needs be, with the brake bled again.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers chaps will chat to lbs tomorrow

coffeeking
    Free Member

It'll only move if they do it with the other pistons in, otherwise it's got some very big leaks 😉 Using a decent pressure they'll shif pretty much anything, though they want o wrap it in a rag save having a projectile.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I would go along with what 3 fish said. That is re-assemble it re bleed it. You can compress air but not a liquid so if you block the 3 free pistons the 4th sticky one should move. Additionally you could warm the calliper up with a hair dryer or pour a kettle of boiling water over it. The alluminium calliper will expander more than the piston, this should help free it, while pumping it.

P20

Bit of wood to block 2 and ziptie the 3rd?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hope m4 stuck piston help’ is closed to new replies.