Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hope legendary service as usual .
  • oldfart

Pro 3 wheels , 9 months old 2 spokes broke in as many days .They admitted early versions had a few probs so they had the pair back and rebuilt them .Can't ask for any more .Other manufacturers take note , if somethings amiss be big about it and own up .No more "we've never had this happen before " !Cove immediately spring to mind ! 👿

parisroubaix

How about this from Hope.
    In July 2006 i went over my handlebars in the Peaks and snapped the hose from the reservoir, leaving the metal thread of the hose end in the reservoir body and ruining it.
    I was really short of dosh at the time so wanted to repair rather than rebuild the brake.
    Sent then to Hope, explaining the damage I had caused. Included all contact details and payment details.
    Sent them back to me quickly with no charge for repair or postage. Absolutely brilliant. Still running strong several years later.

tails
    Free Member

That is top service, shame I don't rate their brakes.

DezB
    Free Member

Top service for me too http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-amazing-service-again
    I emailed to thank em the next day and got a reply saying, "just glad to get you back on the road". Lovely 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I've had a hid that packed up and although they said the light had been opened up and messed with (it was a display model) it was replaced without any fuss.

kempfab
    Free Member

And another here, sent a front hub with crack on one spoke hole, explained it was about 18 months old, said I would just buy that section if out of warranty, new one arrived on doorstep in 3 days! 😯 😀
    I also emailed many thanks, and got the same "just glad to get you back on the road"
    I may go for their brakes next time, now! 😀

dougieb
    Free Member

The lip on my Pro 2 front hub that retains the clip for the 20mm adapters has broken off. Emailed them at the beginning of this week and one hour later got a reply saying "send in the hub or wheel and we will replace the hub body". No questions asking how old it was etc. Brilliant service and I really rate their products – BB and Headset are still running smooth after loads of abuse. I'm not really one for brand loyalty but I will be buying their kit again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Had a spongy brake so I bought parts to repair my brake- piston and seals but could not remove psiton contacted Hope sent my bits they fixed and posted it back for free
    Why I always Buy Hope stuff [bloody loud hub though]now try that with Avid or Shimano or anyone else
    Thanks Hope

stevomcd
    Free Member

Top service for me too. Snapped an axle in the summer, new axle, no questions asked (even when you're a guide in the Alps and snapping bits is something of an occupational hazard!).

mildred

At the megavalanche last year I had a problem with my Moto V2 brakes. They were about 7 months old and had absolutely no modulation – basically on/off switches, nothing to full on, which was frankly terrifying at full speed.

I spoke to the chap on the Hope stand about it hoping it was a simple fix. he said just leave it with me for a couple of hours, I can't do it now because we're snowed under. 2 hrs later I ambled back from the bar to be met with a completely new set of calipers including pads, and new master cylinder lid and screws. Needless to say I was over the moon.

Later that day I brought him a bottle of wine to say thank you and he was genuinely flattered and chuffed that someone had bothered to do this.

I will always try to buy Hope, you simply don't get this service or attitude from any other manufacturer.

judderman
    Free Member

but did you get chips?
    were you coming back from street hill yesterday? as there was an O/F with attitude whan I was driving past Brookside 🙄

Jason
    Free Member

I had to send my 18 month old Hope Vision 4 light back to them a week or two ago. For some reason it had just stopped working. It was returned fully working within a couple of day, a great service and part of the reason my bikes all have a reasonable amount of Hope kit on them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It has to be said they probably have the best customer service in the industry. I've had 2 XC axles snap, both replaced for free on a 2-3 year old hub and I've also had a Pro2 pawl spring snap when I was servicing the hub, one phone call and they sent me a whole new set of pawls and springs. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

never had to send stuff back, but do like their hubs, have previously loved their C2 brakes, got a pair of mono mini pro's coming on saturday 🙂

Unfortunately I've never been able to justify buying much MTB kit new so hope are well out of my reach 🙁 guess the problem is it cost them as much to make a new brake as it would an older design, and they cant sell them for less as the CNC machines could make more money producing expensive ones, so you cant get 'deore' (which look like 12yr old XTR) brakes from hope, so all their prices are at XTR levels 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member

I've had some shocking service from Hope, and some fantastic service too. Nothing inbetween.
    Great kit on the whole…if only they made decent brakes…;) [opens worm can]

SBrock
    Free Member

Why do people slag Hope kit off?

I keep reading people saying the brakes are shit ……… I hope not as I have just invested in some Hope Tech M4s, braided hoses & floating rotors! I haven't used them properly but compared to Avid Juicy's were so easy to set up, bleed etc etc and look bloody fantastic!

Had PRO2's for a couples of years – can't fault them – just a bearing change on the front 20mm – and from what I can gather the service is excellent and they are British!

oldfart

Judd yes 'twas i yesterday .With attitude you say ?Like it .Sent you a message on F/B BTW.
    Oh just remembered another Hope tale .They replaced a rear axle on an XC hub that snapped FOC.It was 7 years old !and i'd told them that .Just sent it to them for a laugh not expecting a freebie .Excellent .

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I've always found Hope's customer service to be top notch, but the products themselves do have a few weak areas:

Rear hubs: freehub seals don't keep southern mud out of the pawl assembly
    Lights: too many power levels and not as waterproof as some
    Brakes: good when new but lever pivots need regular care to avoid rapid wear

bobbyspangles

i once sent in a front Ti road hub, i was probably the 3/4th owner with no idea of how old it was and i explained this, there was a crack developing on one of the flanges. Two weeks later, completely out of the blue a new hub arrived!
    Hope are fantastic

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hope legendary service as usual .’ is closed to new replies.