Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope – Just brilliant
  • honourablegeorge

Shipped my Hope Hoop with cracked Stan’s rim to them, it got to them late Thursday afternoon.

Repaired wheel (new rim fitted) arrived yesterday (to Ireland), no charge for repair or postage.

They’re a bloody great company for looking after their customers. I bought another Hope Hoop yesterday. And I’ll keep buying Hope stuff.

29erKeith
    Free Member

similar service here too in the past, great aren’t they

honourablegeorge

It’s my third experience of their warranty service – each time they’ve gone above and beyond what you’d expect.

Shame their pedals won’t be out in time for Xmas.

jonk

Sent my vision 4 back now 4 times come back each time repaired for nowt brill service.

portlyone

So they fail a lot then?

(PS I own Hope Stuff that hasn’t failed 🙂 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some years ago…

CFH – “Hello, Hope. I need some new hubs, but I spot that you don’t make 24 hole versions of what I’m after”
    Hope – “Not a problem. We’ll just get some blanks and drill ’em 24 for you. What colour do you want? Oh, and anything you want written on them? It’s going to take a while, about a week or so if that’s OK”

Epic.

Alejandro
    Free Member

Good to hear. I’ve just sent back my pair of Hoops wheels with Crest rims and hope I receive the same level of service. That hub story is just fantastic ^

tony24
    Free Member

same here shop sent me a headset out with no crown race . Sent email to hope had 1 through the door next day brilliant

honourablegeorge

portlyone – Member
    So they fail a lot then?

Well, just for context, my previous failure was a Vision 2 that developed a loose connection after about five years use. Fixed FOC.

wwaswas

same here shop sent me a headset out with no crown race

there’s a thread there, just waiting to be started….

mrjmt
    Free Member

Was going to start the same thread today too, brilliant service with a replacement charger for my vision 4.

Will deffo be buying a hope headset for my new frame once I figure out what the hell kind it needs!

leftyboy
    Free Member

Many years ago I sent Hope a hub that had cracked at one of the spoke holes and was upfront that it was 3 years old. I was asking if the wheel had been over tensioned because the wheel had been trued 2 weeks before it failed. 2 days later a new hub arrived at no cost to me and that hub is still going strong 10 years later with new bearings of course 😎

Recently my 2 year old vision 2 extension cable failed, sent it back to Hope who sent a replacement (again no cost) by return of post!

A few weeks ago I decided to change my (7 years old) XT brakes and after research I went for some Hope X2s because even if the XTs are better overall (according to the forums) they aren’t rebuild-able and I doubt Shimano would fix them if they failed.

DaveRambo

It’s these sorts of posts/comments that helped me decide on Hope hubs and brakes for my recent build.

Great kit, decent prices, superb backup and British.
    Why would you not buy Hope if you had the choice.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope – Just brilliant’ is closed to new replies.