Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope jockey wheels?
  • mlke
    Free Member

I was a bit surprised by the price of SRAM jockey wheels and thought I could instead go for some bling Hope ones. Has any one positive or negative experiences of these?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have them, can’t say they are any better/worse as only a couple of months old, but they are well made and bearings seem to be better sealed than my old Shimano ones. Also crud doesn’t collect on them as much, that alone is worth the extra cost!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Have run a set since last autumn on a 1×9 set up (about 3000 miles), anodising wears off the teeth as expected but still spinning smoothly and very little sign of wear on the teeth themselves. Happy enough with that 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

numerous similar ones cheap from ebay, do exactly the same job just as well and look just as bling (if that’s important to you)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Don’t know about the Hope ones but I can recommend the KCNC jockeys. Ceramic bearing in particular, though more expensive should last longer (or at least I’ve never had the bearings wear out on me and reviews if the non ceramic are not so favourable). I particularly like the venting which is much better at shedding mud and for cleaning. SRAM jockeys are awful in terms of durability and cleaning for what they cost.

gren
    Free Member

Same as DK. I replaced the oem ones in my X0 mech for some KCNC ones. Cheaper than the SRAM ones even with ceramic bearings.Came in at just over £20 the par from ebay.

SRAM ones ended up looking like cowboys spurs after a few months and you could actually see the bearings on one of them without taking them off the mech. £30+ for a pair FFS!

Only had the KCNC ones on for a few weeks but already they are not gathering crud like the SRAM ones.

stevewanda
    Free Member

Bought a set new couldn’t get them to mesh with the chain right. Ended up with new xtr ones

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope jockey wheels?’ is closed to new replies.