Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope hub bit draggy after a rebuild
  • Netdonkey

I have recently rebuilt my hope pro 2 rear hub, it seamed to spin pretty freely without the freehub but once I install the freehub it seams to be a bit draggy. Any Ideas?

Ta

ND

clubber
    Free Member

Excessive grease in the freewheel can do that. Either clean some out or you can add a drop or two of oil IME.

mugsys_m8

Seal on the freewheeel not sitting properly can apparently do this according to the Hope rebuild video. I need to have a look at mine since I have the same draggy feeling, it’s very slight though and freewheels fine when riding.

lucien

On the Hope vid, when it says bang the bearings in – it really means that. Did mine, it was draggy, undid it all again, bashed harder and it was fine.

burt
    Free Member

Just had the same thing i had the freehub seal on tbe wrong way round. It should be flat side out

GeForceJunky

Also make sure have the axle spacer between the hub bearing and the freehub. Its pretty obvious when you leave that one out though as it goes more solid than draggy.

burt
    Free Member

Just had the same thing i had the freehub seal on tbe wrong way round. It should be flat side out

dannyh
    Free Member

Almost certainly the seal being in the wrong way around or not seated properly.

Good luck fixing.

scruff
    Free Member

Grease on the pawls / teeth wont hurt- mines got loads in and its silent but lube the main seal and make sure its in properly & seated well.

cardo

Did you use the tool for re-seating the free hub seal ?

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Yeah that guy in the Hope video must be a **** monster, where he says tap he really maeans smash it with all your might repeatedly untill you think youve cracked the hub shell in 1/2, then hit it a couple more times for good measure!

Netdonkey

Thanks for all the tips I will try them all in the right order leaving the smashing the hell out of it bit until the end 😀 😯

ND

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope hub bit draggy after a rebuild’ is closed to new replies.