Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope hose differences ???
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Currently working in holland – bikes are in aberdeen And i fly to les arcs 2 days after i get back !!

I have 1 mini rAce pro – black with silver caps on te front of one bike that needs hose shortened

And 1 mono mini the old black and gold on another which has a hose thats too short

Can any one confirm whether i can simply swap over the entire banjo assembly ? Or will i have to open the banjo and just swap the hose – or are the hoses different diameters ?

If i need to order stuff id like to do it now 🙂

Thanks in advance !

nixie

The old hose may be a different diameter depending on how old the old brake is. The fittings are not interchangeable between the older fatter diameter and the newer thinner diameter.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu can swap the entire hose complete with all the fittings tho – the calliper and the lever have the same threads on them

singlespeedstu

Just had a dig round in the garage and found out an old style Hope hose complete with fittings (the larger diamiter type).
    Putting the older fittings side by side with the newer fittings you should be able the swap either complete hose* to either caliper and lever.

*5mm hose and fittings or 6mm hose and fittings.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers stu thats exactly what i wanted to hear , ill swap it over for now and do the right conversion later.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope hose differences ???’ is closed to new replies.