Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC built on Stans 355 rims – any good for trail centres??
  • underthesun
    Free Member

Thinking of buying the above wheelset but was wondering if they would be good for trail centres/peaks riding or whether they aren't burly enough? I won't be doing any jumps but will be doing step downs and rocky trails.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Should be fine, unless your particuarly heavy on parts. Seen people ride some technical/rocky descents with them.

judderman
    Free Member

How many spokes? They sell pro3 SP_XC with different amount of spokes. Mine were 24 spoke or was it 26?

njee20
    Free Member

Won't be 26, could be 24.

They'll be fine! 355s aren't exactly fragile unless you're particularly fat and a bad rider!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Had a set from wheelpro (24 spokes) stood up to loads of abuse – peaks, afan, brechfa, gethin mountain ash and 2 24 hour races

underthesun
    Free Member

Cheers peeps. Will put an order in then 🙂

Davy
    Free Member

Will they be fine for manicured man made trails? I'd have thought so… 😆

higgo
    Free Member

trickydisco
    Free Member

at the when i bought my hope pro 3 /355 from roger m he commented about the above pic

Re: STW forum broken hub. This won't happen! I have my theory about why you sometimes see broken Hope hubs. Don't quote me on this but I think bad building is a contributing factor, some of the handbuilts I see have some scary spoke tensions – some spokes slack and some way tight and this imbalance adds stress to the hub flange. Every wheel I build has uniformly tensioned spokes and this includes the Hope Hoops which I check and adjust (even a £200,000 machine is not perfect at spoke tension).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC built on Stans 355 rims – any good for trail centres??’ is closed to new replies.