Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope free hub stuck!
  • Grupper205
    Free Member

Just stripping my hope pro 2 hub down and I’m struggling to remove the free hub. Followed the hope tutorial video and their’s just pop off with a twist. I can’t remove it and I’ve tried brute force and a vice with no luck. Any suggestions welcome!

smiff
    Free Member

you can try the 2p coin and lockring trick i saw on youtube.
    put some coins on the axle end (take off end caps first) then screw the lockring in. should pull the freehub off i think. i didn’t need it ‘cos mine was new.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’d just beat the axle down through the hub body until it pops out of tr disc side complete with the bearing.
    Prob find the axle has corroded to the top beating in the hub body

Grupper205
    Free Member

I tried the 2p trick but with no joy, so I ended up hitting the shaft out from the non drive side. You should have seen the state of my pawls/springs on my free hub………Never seen so much congeled grease and muck! Anyone know where to get low cost stainless steel bearings from for a pro 2?

Suggsey
    Free Member

You can get them but if its in that much of a state why not just get a full service kit from hope for it? Mine went the same way after not servicing it for about five years so just paid £35 to have it nice as new.

tandemwarriors

Had similar a few months ago. The 2p trick didn’t work, so ended up putting the 11 tooth sprocket & lockring on, then using a 3 leg gear puller.
    Same problem as orangeboy, the outer freehub bearing had corroded onto the axle.
    For bearings try simplybearings.co.uk

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope free hub stuck!’ is closed to new replies.