Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • HOPE CUSTOMER SERVICE = ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Missing the pad retaining pins on some mono mini’s, e-mailed hope’s ‘contact us’ address from the website, within 30seconds (no I’m not exagerating, litteraly under a minute) there’s a reply from one of their guys asking for my address and he’ll pop a couple in the post!

Time to sell off all my other brakes and replace with Hope after service like that.

Top job guys!

allthegear
    Free Member

Hope just seem to really want you to enjoy biking – can’t ask for more than that!!

All my brakes and hubs are Hope and I can’t ever see me moving away from them, simply because of how they interact with customers (oh, and the fact that they are ace!!)

Rachel

j_me
    Free Member

Seconded

granny_ring

Agree, I’ve had very good service from them as well

steve36
    Free Member

fantastic service!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Great company!
    I over tightened a seatpost clamp and broke the bolt. They sent me two in the next days post free!

ianc61
    Free Member

Always had good service from them

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Yup, great service, great company.
    Love their stuff.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i found them to be very unhelpful! 🙁 was a few years ago…

elaineanne
    Free Member

excelent service… Hope i can count on them to be that quick in the future..lol….depends on the person at the time i guess…you get ya gud and bad days from all business related stuff.. but what ive learnt over the last few years is that customer service is on the downhill in every walk of life….why is it that you always get passed on to other people whatever your query, there seems to be alot of incompetant people around these days in my views…… 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never yet had bad service from Hope, cracking bunch.

juan
    Free Member

Well hope is a bit different from all the other companies. First they seems to be all mtbers. Second they are market driven, not the other way around. So they will do a product the market want and they will make sure it is the best they can make to fit the market needs.
    That plus the fact that they are genuinely trying to help the sport, make them my favourite bike company so far.

I can’t wait for them to have a test day in the sunny riviera 😉

alexxx
    Free Member

Great until you realise they are crap brakes after the pins fitted

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thirded, or whatever it is now!

They are ace. Even made me some custom drilled hubs a few years back when I asked nicely. Top people.

Northwind

Always been happy with their service but you do pay for it up front- which is fair enough of course.

squiff
    Free Member

I’ve actually been to there place in Barnsoldwick 3 times with small issues with my my hope stuff and ever time they have sorted it there and than EXCELLENT SERVICE

mildred

Always been happy with their service but you do pay for it up front- which is fair enough of course.

These days, looking at the price of similar items from the competition, I don’t think they’re expensive at all. Couple that with fact you can purchase service items fir some of their more ancient model brakes & hubs etc. makes them by far the best value stuff on the market.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The ‘trouble’ is, they make stuff that lasts for ages. My original Minis are still going strong (on someone elses bike!) I think their stuff & aftersales is beyond compare & as far as hubs & brakes go I’d use absolutely nothing else, simple as that.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Hope are a company started by bike riders making products they wanted to buy/use but couldn’t. They are a great bunch of people who DO go the extra mile to make sure people are looked after who have bought their stuff.

They may not be 100% perfect, but then who is? You’ll always get the odd hater and people complain that their stuff is too expensive but if you look into it and compare like for like the prices are reasonable/cheap and the aftersales and spares service is 2nd to none.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Hope aren’t expensive for what you get, but it would be great if my new hubs cost less! Great co and great products. I wouldn’t use anything else that Hope make and as a big PLUS, there British!

Onzadog
    Free Member

2nd the comment about their stuff being too good. I want some Tech V2s but my old E4s are still working perfectly.

bigG
    Free Member

yes it is rather isn’t it.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ahem > what do people use to clean the Hope floating rotors btw please. mine just alittle rusty around the edges…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i want one of their new cassette/freehubs 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Hope products excellent not had to use the customer service yet touch wood. Started off with a rear hub in 2002 still got it on my current bike now have front hub stem and lights didnt even realise i had so much hope kit on my bike till i had a think about it just.

Northwind

Elaine Anne, if it’s rust, go to tesco and get a pack of the 3M flat scouring pads for a pound, they’ll make short work of it.

Anyone know what the launch date is for the cassette-o-hub things? Pretty interested in that for my Hemlock…

billyboy
    Free Member

There was a noticeable slip recently in my shop’s dealings with the company….. orders late with no explanation or wrong kit delivered or 6 week + wait for a Pro 3 freehub………. but I agree, generally they have been very good.

In the interests of balance…my two year old M4s have been playing me a game during this cold spat ….sticky pistons every two weeks…might have to try and rebuild the caliper.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup brill 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

tesco scouring pads (can i get some in Morrisons instead ? 😉 :mrgreen:

Northwind

I was trying to reply to that when the forum burst, maybe it was the awesome mundanity of my post that did it :mrgreen:

Morrisons ones might be OK, but, Tescos sell the 3M Scotchbrite ones- scotchbrite pads also get sold as metal and paint finishing products, though generally more expensive and in more grades. So they’re absolutely perfect and cost about £1 for 3. Also good for refreshing brake pads if they get claggy or a little bit glazed or blocked up.

skiboy
    Free Member

emailed them last summer on a tech lever rebuild from scratch, they actually phoned me up as i had used my
    work email with my contact details and ran through the whole rebuild and gave me loads of pointers, fantastic guys, fantastic product,

backhander
    Free Member

I think they have some pedals in works too! 😀

nosedive
    Free Member

i like the fact that they keep making parts for stuff even years later. I converted my front hope bulb to 20mm about a month ago and I dont think they have made the bulb hub for ages. Im also still running some original mini brakes, they were fitted to the bike in 2003 and I haven’t even had to bleed them

Rich
    Free Member

I have emailed them the last couple of nights with queries, the next morning I have woke up to an answer!

Brilliant customer service. 8)

jglaysher
    Free Member

Agreed. I sent them two whole brake units (levers, lines and the actual block) for service, on 4th Jan. They were back within 48hrs!

Took me longer to refit them than that!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Only excellent experience here as well. Got a diaphram leak in one of my X2’s. Phoned up and they are putting 2 new ones in the post. I’ve got Hope hubs, brakes, headset and seat QR – all fantastically reliable and easily serviced – would not consider another make

Alex

My vision-4 has been back twice (in three years), once because I borked it and once because it began to randomly flash and turn itself off at the most inopportune moments.

Both times fixed for free and very quickly. Not a big fan of the brakes but hubs/headsets/etc will always buy those.

takisawa2

Had a good experience from using Topeak. Lost the torx bit from an old multitool, emailed them on the offchance, & got one in the post a day or two later. Just bought some Tech M4/X2’s to go with the Pro2’s I’ve had for years.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bits arrived in the post yesterday, thanks HOPE 🙂

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

I know of three different people who’ve had problems with Hope hubs (though in the interest of fairness they were all damn unlucky):

They’d had either a spoke hole split and fail or a crack across the main body, and none of them had bought the hub new (I think one was the 4th owner). A call to Hope later and the guys on the end said “er… I wasn’t supposed to do that, ever. Whack the wheel in the post and we’ll put a new hub on it Free of charge” 😯

What makes Hope hubs so great is that they are machined in such a way that if they ever crack or split, they claim that it’s a manufacturing defect in the material used (which makes sense, there’s no welds on it and they’re all forged from a solid block), but the fact they extend their warranty against manufacturing defects like that is insanely good customer service. In effect they have a lifetime warranty!

I myself had a set of E4s, and they were shockingly bad when I got them. A Hope factory rebuild made a staggering difference, but sadly not even they were able to undo the damage the Gorilla who owned them before had done and they died 8 months later.

Hope are living proof we British can still make decent kit. I may be a Hope fanboi, but given how good their kit and customer service is I think that’s completely justified.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘HOPE CUSTOMER SERVICE = ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.