Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope BULB 142/12 conversion possible?
  • RicB

Spoke to Hope who said yes, then someone else from Hope who said no. It’s running 135 qr at present

Lbs thinks there is/was a kit but that its been discontinued

I’m considering a new frame and want to see if I’ll have to budget for a new wheel too

legend
    Free Member

Get Hope you tell you exactly what part you need. If they can’t then that’ll probably answer your question

cookeaa

Would it not need a new axle and possibly an extended cassette body?

But being a bulb hope might well no longer make/stock the appropriate parts…

RicB

I think Hope stopped supporting the Bulb quite some time ago, which is why the part isn’t listed on their website. Lbs reckons its the same conversion kit as the bigun.

New axle and end caps I presume. Hoped someone might have something collecting dust on a garage shelf…

Thought it was worth an ask. Never mind; I quite enjoy building new wheels 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Lbs thinks there is/was a kit but that its been discontinued

Lbs reckons its the same conversion kit as the bigun.

You really need to stop listening to your LBS, they sound clueless. 142 is a new standard introduced way after the bulb was ditched, never mind the big-un! You might get lucky in trying to fit Pro caps to a bulb 12mm kit tho will prob need a few mods to fit.

mboy
    Free Member

They did a 135x12mm axle kit for the BULB, but as STATO says, BULB was discontinued years before the 142×12 standard came out.

Not beyond the abilities of a good machine shop to turn you up some end caps though, essentially you just need an extra 7mm of width to fill the width of the frame.

KsaweryW
    Free Member

Its enough to use two 3,5mm spacers, one on each side of hub and it works fine. I have done Megavalanche race this year on such setup…

xiphon
    Free Member

Bulb is an old old hub, long before 142×12 was even a though it some marketeers brain…

You might be able to hack together something though, to add an extra 7mm of spacers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope BULB 142/12 conversion possible?’ is closed to new replies.