Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope brakes, centrelock hubs – icetech rotors or not?
  • paulwf

Hello,

I have a wheelset with DT swiss centrelock hubs. I have the DT centrelock to 6 bolt adaptors, but these wont work with the Hope floating rotors as the spider is too thick.

I was thinking of getting the Shimano icetech rotors, but I have seen people complain that they have melted them.

Anyone recommend them or an alternative?

Cheers
    Paul

Kamakazie

Interested in compatibility here too. Heard it’s fine but the rotors are slightly different sizes.

When you say melted, what do you mean? I’ve heard the odd report of delamination between the steel and aluminium but that’s it.

julians
    Free Member

I have hope tech 3 e4 brakes using shimano ice tech rotors (native 6 bolt though,not centre lock) and they all play nicely together

paulwf

Thanks Julians
    Which version rotors did you use?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I had mini monos on XT rotors/XTR hubs – no problems at all

Currently running X2s on XTR RT98 rotors/240s hubs, again, perfect.

I do also have Hope 6 bolt rotors/hubs/brakes on other bikes, but actually prefer Centrelock in terms of design/maintenance. Never tried the 6-bolt to Centrelock convertors.

I think the melting rotor issue was some sort of lab/dyno test, and presumably the issue was with IceTech rotors with an aluminium alloy core that melts at 650°C – but seriously who gives a damn !

http://www.bike-magazin.de/komponenten/bremsen/scheibenbremsen-ausfaelle-beim-test/a3738.html

julians
    Free Member

I have the rt86, 203mm on the front,180mm on the back.

paulwf

Thanks
    I have ordered the Rt81 which are the centrelock version of the RT86

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope brakes, centrelock hubs – icetech rotors or not?’ is closed to new replies.