Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope brake mounts and 2018 Lyriks
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Very soon upgrading my venerable Yari to a nice new 2018 Lyrik. I’m running a 203 hope rotor up front with hopey brakes, so need to get a nice hope brake mount (because tartiness is key here!). My understanding is the old yari/lyrik had a 160mm PM mount, whereas the new lyrik has gone up to 180. Annoyingly this is going to mean a new brake mount I’m sure, but my questions is do I need a standard +20mm mount (so a hope 180mm) or a random weird sized 183mm?

I know there’s some strangeness with rotor sizes with shimano, sram and hope and that some peoples 203mm are others 200. Wondered if anyone could shed some light on this?

SirHC

Hope Mount H

edd

I’ve been wondering this too. The same applies to Shimano brakes which come with 160mm, 180mm and 203mm rotors. To use a 203mm rotor on a new Lyrik/ new Pike with the 180mm post mount you’d need a 160 to 183mm (ie plus 23mm) post mount adapter. Shimano only does a 160mm to 180mm (ie plus 20mm) post mount adapter.

My suspicion is that the 3mm (1.5mm radius) won’t matter and a 160 to 180 (plus 20mm) adapter will be fine.

warpcow
    Free Member

In my experience the 3mm doesn’t matter, but the clearances are tight enough I can see that they could do if fate decided against you.

trusty

Unfortunately the 3mm did matter on my new lyrik, fitted with shimano brakes and 203mm rotor. I used a standard shimano 20mm adapter but the rotor fouled the caliper, I sorted it with longer bolts and a couple of washers. When I looked into it, newer rockshox are designed for 200mm rotors (as on sram brakes) while newer fox are designed for 203mm rotors (as on shimano)

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Hope Mount H

First of all, glad they make this one, I reckon this is the way to go and maybe get it from CRC where I can just return for the correct one if it’s not right. Sadly, it seems I’m not the only one that’s a bit in the dark about this. Stupid imperial/metric sizing! Once the new forks arrive (some time in Feb) i’ll give this a go and post up about this. Might solve this problem in the future

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

same with warpcow, my experience says it doesn’t matter, but you may get away with a washer or two

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope brake mounts and 2018 Lyriks’ is closed to new replies.