Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • hope brake levers
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

There was once, a pdf on the hope website that shows the race lever was more powerful than the tech 2. I think it was unclear whether that refered to the normal tech 2 or the evo. However, now the tech 3 is here, how does that compare to the race lever? Does anyone know any facts? Kimbers always seems quite up on his hope stuff.

While we’re at it, there’s rumour of a complete hub overhaul. Anyone know anything of this yet?

chiefgrooveguru

I have the Tech 3 levers on one bike and Race Evo on the other – if anything the Tech 3 lever feels more powerful. It’s certainly a lot more tunable – the bike point adjust works really well.

I believe the Race Evo lever is more powerful than the old Tech lever because it moves a smaller amount of fluid, so greater hydraulic advantage at the caliper. This is also why you can’t use the Race Evo lever with the V2 calipers (and possibly the V4) because you wouldn’t get enough piston travel at the pad.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think that’s still the case that the race lever isn’t offered with the v2 so the tech 3 must still push more fluid. Just wondering if the gap is closing as I believe they claim the new tech lever is more powerful than the old one. Love my current tech2 evo levers but just wondering about what I might spec on a new build.

chiefgrooveguru

As I said in the first paragraph, I have the new Tech 3 levers and the Race Evo levers – both with essentially same calipers (E4 & M4) – new Tech 3 feels at least as powerful as Race Evo – more powerful in fact but that could be because they’re easier to set up exactly how you want them. Same discs on front of both bikes and the Tech 3 levers are on bigger wheels which should make them feel less powerful.

I’d swap the Race Evo levers for Tech 3, no question, if it didn’t cost me any money.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Part of me wants to build a lighter bike this time around after 10 years at around 35lbs. However, if I’m true to my riding, functionality trumps all and the tech levers are really nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘hope brake levers’ is closed to new replies.