Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope braided brake hose fitting -HELP!
  • mugsys_m8

Hello,

I need to replace the hoses on my old mono minis as they are too short with my new handlebars.

I bought 2 sets of the hope braided hose with fittings. I’m not necessarily wanting braided hose over standard, but that is what I have now.

I tried to make up the lengths last night but had a hell of a job stripping the braid off to get to the inner hose. Is there an easy way of doing this and how neat should it be? The olive does fit over the inner hose only right, and not over the braid?

I finally manged to do one, ish. But the fitting when finsihed and all tightened up spun freely around the hose. Is this correct? I then overtightened the fitting and have sheared it.

As my mono minis are fitted with the old 6mm hose and not the later 5mm hose, can I use one of the fittings to replace the one that I broke?

I can’t believe it is so difficult to strip the braid. A stanley knife just didn’t seem to cut it with a new blade. With a hacksaw I went to deep and cut the inner hose. In the end I kind of twisted it off with radio nosed pliers and then trimmed it neater.

In a word: HELP!

kane
    Free Member

I fit the olives over the braid, after stripping the plastic cover. Still can be a pain but a new olive and tape around the hose before cutting helps.

mugsys_m8

ah. so the olive goes over the braid? It is just the plastic outer that needs stripping?

wwaswas

looks that way;

bigyinn
    Free Member

Looks the same as fitting Goodridge hoses, strip the plastic sheathing over the braid off leaving the braids intact then the Olive goes OVER the braided section.

mugsys_m8

Well that went a lot easier and was actually feasible….
    Just need to find a replacement connector now for the one I broke.

I actually used those instructions last night, I could have swore it talked about cutting through the braid…. Last night I wasn’t in the right frame of mind…
    Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope braided brake hose fitting -HELP!’ is closed to new replies.