Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Bottom Bracket Spacers question
  • Beagleboy

I’ve just replaced the 30mm SRAM Cinch threaded, external bottom bracket on my Orange Four. It’s mated to a SRAM Aeffect single ring crankset.

I replaced the old BB with a 30mm Hope threaded bottom bracket in the ‘hope’ that the bearings on this unit aren’t made of cheese. However, when I fitted it as per instructions, I realised that I need to fit another spacer. I know it’s a silly question, but where should it go? Should I double them up on the drive side, or split them either side (that’s how I’ve fitted them, just want to check that it’s not going to explode).

As usual ,any advice would be much appreciated.

C.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Manual recommends one on each side. Is your chain line OK?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Visually check the gap between the inside face of each crank arm against its chain stay – gives a clear indication of centricity.

On latest set up (Aeffect crank on Hope BB) I needed 2 spacers on drive side and none on other side. Manual doesn’t agree but chainline does.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I needed 2 spacers on drive side and none on other side. Manual doesn’t agree but chainline does.

So long as you have the right number of spaces it will work – that is the important bit. The manual assumes nobody has tried to correct the chainline already in different ways so make sure it all clears and go for the best line (as above)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Bottom Bracket Spacers question’ is closed to new replies.