Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope bottom bracket
  • Denis99
    Free Member

I’ve got a stainless steel Hope bottom bracket , been using for about the last 6 months.

Non drive side bearing has become very gritty, lifted the seal on the bearing flushed out with solvent and re lubed.

The Hope website shows how to remove and replace the bearings, does anyone know where I can get replacement bearings from (nothing on CRC), and can I replace with ceramic bearings.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Give Hope a call (not email) they will either supply you one or tell you where to get one from.

shortcut

your local hope dealer will be able to order them. Should be with them in a day or so. I believe ceramics fit in the same hole!

nodrog2
    Free Member

Yup, your local hope dealer. IIRC about £11-12 per bearing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Or get replacements from a bearing supplier. They willbe a standard size and thewre will be a code on them ( but you might have to remove the bearing to read the code.

Once it has gone enough to require the seals removing and regreasing it will wear quickly.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Six mponths out of a hope BB and then its £20+ to replace the bearings. I get 12-18mths out of a SSC one after a couple of repacks. Hmmmmm

jim
    Free Member

Or get replacements from a bearing supplier. They willbe a standard size and thewre will be a code on them ( but you might have to remove the bearing to read the code.

Really? I thought they were generally a non-standard size.

Del

no – the hope ones are standard. i believe they are these: 61805 or 6805 2rs or 61805 2rs if you go to a bearing supplier.

Denis99
    Free Member

Rang Hope earlier today (as per the advice), they asked how long I’d had the b/b fitted for and told me to return for a warranty replacement.

Top service from Hope.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

My mate from LBS says that Hope are a pleasure to do business with.

ricardo666
    Free Member

try simply bearings 61805 is the one

I have the same problem after about a year off riding the local forest and riding to work on my steed

I'm making my own bearing puller here in work

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cleaned mine out and regreased and still running smoothly 🙂

cookeaa

WRONG!!!

61805 has 25mm ID, perfect for replacing a shimano BB bearing (as they have little top hats between the bearing and crank axle) but the Hope uses a not so standard 24mm ID bearing and runs directly on the Axle…

your Best bet it probably to call Hope, the beaings should last more than 6 months, they should replace FOC I reckon…

thomthumb
    Free Member
    Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Always suprises me the amount of poor info given here, the Hope bearing is non standard custom made by INA. They are available from your hope dealers and ceramic can be fitted but they're pricey.

Macavity
    Free Member

OP a year ago.

"Always suprises me the amount of poor info given here"
    yes it is most drivel

lipseal
    Free Member

Try

Home

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.