Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hope Big-un Axle Spacer
  • crofts2007
    Free Member

Hi, anyone know of where I can get a spacer for the hub shown below.
    It is the bigger one of the two, to fit the old style axle, I think it is 15mm ID.
    I have tried Hope direct and they don’t stock them anymore. 🙁
    Colour isn’t too important.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Bump for the morning.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is it the same as the bulb hub? Some of the spares are.

coatesy
    Free Member

If you have no luck, let me know the bore diameter and width required, and I may be able to modify something else to fit.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Possibly, but the bearing covering face? of the adaptor may be bigger. It is an early version of the hub, hence scarce spares!

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ Tj, will ring Activesports when they open. Might be something close on their site, but they are notorious for not stocking things…

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ Coatesy, will get the dimensions off of the lad that got me looking for it. That may be a good option.

killingfred
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve found myself in exactly the same position, hope big un with missing spacer.
    Did you get hold of one or did you get someone to make one for you?
    Should take to long to spin one of these on a lathe.
    If anyone can help me out, let me know.

Thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

As said previously, it may just be a case of skimming back a spacer from an existing hub, if you can get dimensions (nowt listed on Hope’s tech site) then I may be able to turn something up.

killingfred
    Free Member

I really didn’t expect anyone to be monitoring this thread any more!
    I will get some dimensions for you, I have been keeping my eye out for something that I can modify to fit but cant find anything apart from a billet of aluminium, but I don’t have access to a lathe, I assume you do?
    Thanks

killingfred
    Free Member

The spacer has a outside diameter of 37mm at its widest point narrowing to 22mm with the curve completing in about 3mm from start, inside diameter of 15mm, 13mm tall.
    Hope this makes sense, if you can fashion some kind of replacement I would be very grateful.
    Let me know if you can or need more info.
    Thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

Will be rummaging through our Hope spacers later to see if there’s anything I can modify.

killingfred
    Free Member

Did you have any joy?

coatesy
    Free Member

Not had chance yet, absolutely up to my neck in work at the moment (12 1/2hr shift, anybody?). As soon as i get a chance i’ll see what we’ve got.

killingfred
    Free Member

sure, thanks very much

coatesy
    Free Member

Job done, Pro2 front spacer bored out and machined back to 13mm width, won’t cover the bearing completely, but will do the job. E-mail me your adress, and i’ll try to get it posted later.

killingfred
    Free Member

email sent, Thank-you!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope Big-un Axle Spacer’ is closed to new replies.