Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • hope BB and truvativ X9 cranks help
  • streetvw
    Free Member

I’ve just replaced the GXP BB on my canyon with a Hope S/S one with the adapter insert but when I torque up the cranks to the recommended setting 48-54Nm the cranks don’t spin freely and feel like they are dragging a bit.

have I done something wrong or should I use a lesser torque setting?

cheers
    Dave

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sounds like your b/b shell is a tad wide, is it press fit or threaded? if press fit, remove the outer gxp adapter, if it’s threaded, have you used a spacer too many?

Don’t use less torque, the Sram system relies on the crank being up to the stop.

streetvw
    Free Member

yes I used just one shim on the chain ring side as it showed in the instructions!

I’ll remove it and get back to you 😮

streetvw
    Free Member

cheers Blazin-saddles that did it, but there is a small gap between the BB cup and the frame is this OK?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Not normally, it might be the centre tube holding the cups apart? difficult to tell without seeing it 1st hand. you can run without the centre tube if it really causes problems.

I might opt in that case to put the spacer back in behind the cup and just run the inner GXP adapter in the bearing.

Pridds

You can get thinner BB spacers but it should be tightened onto the bb rather than compressing the metal tube of the BB. SJS sell thinner spacers, 1mm and 1.5mm IIRC

streetvw
    Free Member

ended up using the original plastic GXP centre tube as I didn’t fancy getting the crank covered in crap. Both cups now tighten up snug to the frame, will run this until I can get the Hope aluminium tube turned down at work.

thanks for the reply’s guys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘hope BB and truvativ X9 cranks help’ is closed to new replies.