Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope and Lumicycle questions
  • edoverheels
    Free Member

Lumicycle
    Is there any way of getting the battery out of the bottle without using a knife? I want to use the light on a bike that has no bottle bosses and the battery on its own may be easier to strap on.

Hope
    When shortening braded hoses, how do I stop the clear plastic top layer from discolouring near the lever over time? (It can sometimes become white and opaque and I assume that this is brake fluid contamination)

Any tips gratefully received.

wwaswas

not sur ehow long the cable is but this might be an answer if you’re not someone who drops off the back of the saddle too much?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-bottle-cage-saddle-mount/

if the frame has space you can get bottle cages that don’t need a boss to mount them.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-vip-bottle-cage-clamps/

edoverheels
    Free Member

Good ideas.
    For this evening it might have to be a bodge with zip ties and velcro!
    I bought the big bottle battery because i ride a lot at night but in fact it is overkill, the battery lasts for weeks between charges and the small battery would easily have been enough.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ridethelakes
    Free Member

For the lumicycle battery, if you take it out of the bottle it won’t be waterproof.

I had the same problem, just send it back to lumicycle and they will take it out and reseal it in a bag.

stumpy01

I had the opposite problem – I used to have the bag & my new bike frame doesn’t have a long enough space to mount it – I’ve got the rather huge 6.6Ah Endurance battery they used to do for halogen set-ups.

I sent mine off to Lumi and they did a conversion to stick it in a bottle, including custom length cables for £25 or so. They apologised for the cost, but explained that most of it was labour….
    Give them a ring, I was well pleased with the service.

I have converted one of my cans to LED and am doing the other soon (hopefully this weekend). With both done I’ll have about 6hrs runtime with both on full blast so i am thinking of asking Lumi to split the battery into two instead of having the one HUGE battery.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope and Lumicycle questions’ is closed to new replies.