Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope 10-48 cassette with SRAM GX mech
  • roverpig

Having convinced myself that a SRAM GX Eagle setup should work on my old 26″ Five I’m now wondering about a Hope setup instead. I was thinking Hope 10-48 cassette with SRAM GX (11 speed) mech and shifter, plus Hope cranks and ring. Just wondering if anybody has tried anything like this and whether the GX mech plays nicely with the Hope cassette.

Both setups should allow me to use a 32T chainring (which is what the Five likes best) and still give me all the gears I need. The Hope setup seems to come in at around £90 more and has slightly lower range and fewer gears of course. So, Eagle looks the sensible choice, but this isn’t a sensible bike 🙂

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’ve no idea, but ring Hope…. they’re dead helpful, know their products inside and out and will tell you, for a fact…

honourablegeorge

Hope cassette is half aluminium. I wouldn’t bother with it

roverpig

Well the rest of the bike is aluminium too 🙂

I quite like the fact that you can just change the aluminium bit of the hope cassette when it wears out. But as I said at the start, I’m not trying to ague that the Hope option is the sensible choice. To be honest that doesn’t bother me. I’m just trying to work out whether it will work.

Picking up the phone is probably best. I note that they do state that “The 10-48 cassette is ideally suited to 1x specific drivetrains where the upper jockey wheel is offset”, which sounds like code for SRAM rather than Shimano (or Shimano with a different cage).

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run the Hope 10-48 and really like it. I run it with shimano bit had to switch to a one-up shark cage to get it shifting sweet. A mate if mine down south runs it with sram kit and says it works fine although I’ve not seen it in the flesh. I think you’re right, the Hope comment is code for “Sram, not shimano”.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Interested in this. The hope & driver @ £200 (i assume you have hope hubs!) but am torn between this with my worn x1 derailleur / shifter or whacking on a full xt shimano setup (11-46) for the same price.

damascus
    Free Member

I run a hope cassette 10-46 with xt 11 speed shifter and mech. This works perfectly.

My friend ran the same set up but with xtr, this didn’t work. The xtr mech isn’t designed to go so big.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope 10-48 cassette with SRAM GX mech’ is closed to new replies.