Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Honk if you are HONCing
  • .duncan
    Free Member

oh i suppose.. my local club urged me along to go because they sold it to me as one, so i suppose i was disappointed from that aspect as i didn't know better. Burger at the end was good though i must say heh.

singlespeedstu

The last descent was my favourite but i was stuck behind someone literally doing about 4mph who wouldnt move over :/.

Funny that. We managed to overtake four or five people on the last descent on our tandem.

Maybe you need to learn how to ride when there's slower riders around. 😉

mattsccm
    Free Member

Think I am in. Last minute panic , not realising how fast it filled having entered what seemed like weeks later about 3 years ago.
    anyway a question. My name is on the list but no email as yet. I assume its automated. no spam filter at all on the email account used. My account (Orange) just won't accept the capital letters to enter the address as approved and lower case means a different address. Maybe a typo of mine but damn sure not. any ideas of how to review my entry form just in case.
    anyway it will be a cross bike, geared or ss depending on weather and route .

timothecimmerian

Explosion In a Spaghetti Factory – if it was you I was following down that last descent last year, you certainly were going some on that tandem!

My brother just managed to nip in front of you before it really got going but I was perfectly happy following you both and shamelessly using your lines to overtake some of the slower riders. 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

Don, do you have space for a small one in the entertainment wing if Jack cant come over ?

paypal been sent

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Loved the route and weather last year, here's hoping for more of the same again.

sheldona
    Free Member

Sofaking yes
    KOS yes
    and maybe some more space if needed.
    Still got the back garden if theres any small tents 😉

.duncan
    Free Member

Funny that. We managed to overtake four or five people on the last descent on our tandem.

Maybe you need to learn how to ride when there's slower riders around.

I probably do. I have only just started enduros and large events since paid entry was never appetising for me when i was too young to have a job.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sorted. # 1156 !!! Tricoss SS or Kaffenbach with gears.

drain

Like ace_sparky, aiming to do the 100km to get the miles in for Kielder (unfinished business…). This makes the 5th HONC for me, but first 100km.

Got in at about #214 at about 0930, and then paid for a mate to get in around 14:30 and it was already at about #820!

singlespeedstu

I probably do. I have only just started enduros and large events since paid entry was never appetising for me when i was too young to have a job.

Just shout "on your left" then pass on the right. 😉

.duncan
    Free Member

Just shout "on your left" then pass on the right.

hmmm 😛 i have done a fair bit since 😉

clareymorris

Flipiin eck that filled up quickly!!

martyntr
    Free Member

I got in luckily… but none of my fellow riders…. 🙁

981st late last night……

Hopefully it'll be as good as last year. Superlight this year instead of Cross bike. I learnt my lesson 😉

See you all in April…

Surfr
    Free Member

About 67th in the waiting list. Doubt there will be that Many cancelations though.

MrAgreeable

Think I've missed it this year, but I might do its on-road cousin, the Cotswold Corker, which was great fun last year.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Bugger! I guess not.

Looks like I'll be doing the MTB-Marathon instead.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – Member

Think I've missed it this year, but I might do its on-road cousin, the Cotswold Corker, which was great fun last year.

As did Leon, Huw and Andy, unless of course they have other things on.

martyntr
    Free Member

Dan – if you're 67th in waiting I think you might be lucky. There was lots of activity in the "transfer market" on the run up to the event last year

MrAgreeable

As did Leon, Huw and Andy, unless of course they have other things on.

Hwe will be interested to hear that he's Welsh now.

I'm a bit gutted, 'cos the route keeps getting better, and rolling in the LVIS posse last year was great fun, but it's all about the Audaxes this year. 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Chinese Welsh, obviously 🙄

Unfortunately the LVIS Audax is touch and go for me, dependent on the new arrival.

Ringo
    Free Member

What tyres would you recommend for this event. I'm assuming my mud x wouldn't be much cop

mrmo
    Free Member

a few years since i last did it, i can't be doing with pre-entering. used Conti XC1.5's, or Panaracer Fire 1.8s. There is a fair bit of road work so don't do it on 2.5's if you have a choice.

I have done most of the route variations on Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps, The hailes abbey decent was interesting 😯

flatfish
    Free Member

Leons in as I had a spare place up for grabs.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If anyone else has a spare place I think anotherdeadhero (Andy L) would be interested.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What tyres would you recommend for this event. I'm assuming my mud x wouldn't be much cop

Semi slicks, I use a WTB Nano raptor / vulpine combo pumped up to 55 psi.

grahamh
    Free Member

Wait till April, ask then.
    Could be hard packed or knee deep in mud.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

Chinese Welsh, obviously

Unfortunately the LVIS Audax is touch and go for me, dependent on the new arrival.

Patter of tiny feet or rumble of not so tiny tyres….?????

flatfish
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    If anyone else has a spare place I think anotherdeadhero (Andy L) would be interested.

it all depends on the wife, were either going to whistler for the last of the snow or she's riding round the cotswold's with me, depends if she wants the holiday more than an entry for HONC. only time will tell.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Just heard that they may be not using printed directions as in past years, instead the route is to be signposted throughout, hope this is not the case, getting lost is half the fun 🙄

grahamh
    Free Member

That is correct, there will be no instruction sheet this year,
    not that any one read the thing.

flatfish
    Free Member

cue sheets are far better than marker boards, especially when your brother-in-law does an extra 9 miles because he blindly followed a dozen other muppets and didn't get the map or cue sheet out of his pockets all day. 🙄

ps44
    Free Member

Graham – will you be publishing the route in advance as normal ? I know most of the area and like to get it in my head beforehand…and have a few (legit) off-tarmac detours where I can fit them in.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

aka_Gilo – Member

KINGTUT – Member

Chinese Welsh, obviously

Patter of tiny feet or rumble of not so tiny tyres….?????

Tiny feet!

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Honk if you are HONCing’ is closed to new replies.