Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Honest, its for a mate…….ON ONE45650b content
  • t-p26
    Free Member

ZS44/EC44 WTF what ever happened to “its an inch and an eighth” aheadset? What type of headsets are people running…I am confused. If its tapered should it not be 56?
    H E L P! (for a mate of course) 😉

nickdavies

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

It’s a 44mm head tube, so you can run an internal cup to run 1 1/8th steerer or an external cup to get a larger bearing in there for tapered. The headset you need is 2nd from left, with the correct bottom cup for your forks.

ratherbeintobago

ZS44 is an inset 1?” cup and EC44 is an external 1.5″ cup – this is how 44mm head tubes take tapered steerers. My El Mar is the same and I’ve got the Hope headset mentioned above.

psycorp
    Free Member

The 44 refers to the internal diameter of the headtube. A 44mm headtube is capable of running tapered forks using an EC (External Cup) lower cup. The bearing sits outside of the headtube in the cup. ZS means Zero Stack and means the upper cup and bearing sits internal to the headtube and adds no length to the overall headset/headtube assembly.

HTH

Edit: Beaten to it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I think the Inset 7 by Chris King is also the correct figment. There’s an FSA version available through on-one as they use them on the 45650b

t-p26
    Free Member

Thank you all for your input, he can go away and build his frame now…. I`ll just go and ride my ready built bike 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Honest, its for a mate…….ON ONE45650b content’ is closed to new replies.