Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Homemade raspberry whisky – Mmmmmmm!
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spotted a load of cheap rasps in sainsburys after boxing day (50p a punnet) so decided to make the recipe in HFW’s preserves book.

I had a bottle of malt I wasn’t that keen on, but the book recommends a cheap blend. All you need is whisky, rasps or blackberries etc (Brambles up here), sugar and some sterilised jars.

fill jars to top with the fruit, cover with a tablespoon of sugar, and then slowly fill with the whisky. cover and leave for 3 months.

It’s absolute nectar, bloody lovely. I did it with brambles as well, and also used vodka too, not as nice, but still good.

Cougar

Innnnnnteresting.

Might have to have a pun(ne)t at that.

Cougar

Incidentally,

You might appreciate a mate of mine’s blog.

http://sybarwand.blogspot.com/

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Brambles for whisky, rasps for vodka or gin in our house.

trevh
    Free Member

We have a plum tree so 2 pound plums litre cheap brandy, one pound demarera sugar , use a demi jon. first time we tried it we used 2 litre plastic pop bottle but dangerous as as the sugar turns to alcahol could explode. 3 months all the sugar goes to alcahol so comes out a thickish liquer the proof goes through the roof transfer to bottles and make a plum pie with the remnats of the plums. it will be very strong so be careful and dont let the kids near the pie.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

There is a stand of Blackthorn (Sloe) trees on a ride up near Bruar where we collect Sloes to put in Gin. Damsons in Gin are pretty good too.

saladdodger
    Free Member

try Sloe whisky tis ace

btw I do not like whisky 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Homemade raspberry whisky – Mmmmmmm!’ is closed to new replies.