Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Home Sound system
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Any recommendations on flexible sound systems that can be linked to a TV , Bluetooth etc.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Orbitsound.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What’s your spend limit?

curvature
    Free Member

Sonos.

Not for everyone but sounds good and is easy to use although not bluetooth or cheap.

Depends on what you want from it really. I have had some very top end hi-fi set ups but they didn’t get used where as our Sonos kit is used daily and we listen to far more music that we ever did so for that reason alone I like it.

However recent price increases mean Sonos is very expensive. I was buying Play 1’s from Amazon.ES for around £130 and now the UK price is £200!

Cougar

What do you mean by a “flexible sound system” exactly? My headphones meet that criteria.

nosedive
    Free Member

A stack of second hand Linn amps and a QED bluetooth receiver?

Rockape63
    Free Member

sorry, late back to this thread…..

What’s your spend limit?

£2k ish maybe?

What do you mean by a “flexible sound system” exactly?

Currently I have a system that plays SACD’s, CD’s, DVD’s through the TV, and radio, so sometimes I just want to listen to the radio other times something else. Its all built into the wall around the TV.

This system is now 12 years old, so whilst I doing some changes to my house, want to upgrade the sound system to do most of the above, but also be blue tooth, so we can play music via spotify. CD’s not important now.

Ive actually got someone from Richer Sounds coming over this week to do a ‘survey’ and advise accordingly but always open to ideas.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Got a Naim Atom in the lounge at the moment:

I think it’s awesome, but then I am a naimee 🙂

Does googlecast, airplay, upnp, spottily connect, tidal and internet radio plus an option to take HDMI from your TV. Nice pair of bookshelf speakers and you’ll be slightly over just in budget.

Available in a couple of months 🙂

winston
    Free Member

Dont get confused between bluetooth and wireless. You can still play spotify on wireless and it will be better quality than bt (though still average)

There is zero point in spending more than 50 quid on a bluetooth speaker. Wireless on the other hand is capable of almost lossless codecs.

Rio

Nice pair of bookshelf speakers and you’ll be slightly over just in budget

Got a Naim Muso under our TV. Doesn’t need the extra speakers and you could get 2 for 2K!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yep.

Atom

wilburt
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Home Sound system’ is closed to new replies.