Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Home service Talas forks?
  • Mugboo

I have a set of 32 talas 130 forks & some 36rR 110/130/160 forks that are ready for a service.

I am going to have a practice on an older pair of Floats first.

I remember my LBS telling me that Talas forks need servicing by professionals.

Is this true?

wwaswas

you can’t (easily) do the Talas chamber as it requires a special tool to repressurise (costs about £70). Rest of them is just like normal floats (inc the main air chamber).

the mtbr.com forums have lots of info on them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/fox-forks-wiper-seal-service.htm

general wiper service and the things you can easily get to are straight forward i.e. seal change – I used the Enduro seals and they have a good guide on their website.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/f100x6a.pdf

rob-jackson
    Free Member

new style talas do not require a tool. Did my 09s at homew ith no specific tools

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I did it using the basket ball needle and an air compressor to get it up to 170psi. Didn’t enjoy the experience, there was a bloke on ebay selling the IFP tool recently but I can’t see it now.
    You can do the seals – oil etc without stripping the talas side down completely.

Mugboo

So if the Talas is working ok then I don’t need to touch it?

If it stops working do they stay up or down or….

rob-jackson
    Free Member

they don’t stay down

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s quite easy to repressurize the talas air chamber with a football valve needle & a shock pump (and a spare set of hands). the trickiest bit is lining up the travel adjust lever, as the instruction on the fox site are laughable, trial and error works best (without the locking ball bearing first). But if you don’t have too, as above , don’t bother.

Mugboo

Cheers dudes

Klunk
    Free Member
    Mugboo

Cheers Klunk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Home service Talas forks?’ is closed to new replies.